Wednesday 27 June 2012

Living in a Material World.

It disturbs me a bit that it’s now possible to attach 'relevant' adverts to blog posts. Given that I regard advertising as being both blatantly presumptuous and an insult to one’s intelligence, I find that development a little sad. Is no medium safe from the grasping of the commercial world?

If ever an ad appears on my blog, please conclude that I’m no longer mad and have joined the material world in earnest. And then feel free to have me committed.

5 comments:

JJ said...

Don't you start!

Wendy S. said...

I know many blogs have ads. and most of the people are looking for an extra income. I don't know how well they do though. I'm not going to have ads on mine either though and I'll join you in the non-material world at least on my blog.

JJ said...

I could go on and on about advertising, not least because I do understand its place in the kind of economy we've chosen to create. Nevertheless, I have a simple bottom line. To me, advertising is one of the pollutants in the modern world, and I would rather my blog were free of it.

andrea kiss said...

Nonetheless, i just need to get down to that Specsavers in Ashborne!

HAHA... jk.

JJ said...

Oh dear, Andrea does subtle humour! Better watch what I'm saying.

You spelt 'Ashbourne' wrong.