Saturday 9 June 2012

In Thrall to the Condition.

This ‘condition’ is proving to be a bit of an education. It involves having intermittent pains from my right ankle to the left side of my head, as well as almost constant pain in various other places like my right shoulder. Sometimes my heart thumps, sometimes it doesn’t. Sometimes my chest feels tight, sometimes it doesn’t. Sometimes it brings me psychologically low, and sometimes I feel quite buoyant – in spite of whatever pain happens to be manifesting at the time.

The problem is that it’s beginning to dominate my consciousness, and there isn’t a great deal of room left for silly ditties, random musings, philosophical speculations, lyrical waxings, or rants against damn politicians. And there’s a very long hedge at the bottom of my neighbour’s garden which is badly in need of a trim (it’s adjacent to the lane, you see, and I don’t like the place looking uncared for.) My lawn needs mowing, too, which is a moderately heavy job because of the slope.

All of which is meant to excuse the fact of my posts being thin on the ground and rather poor lately. Bear with me, if you would. Should the culprit responsible for these symptoms eventually be identified, I’ll let you know.

4 comments:

Anthropomorphica said...

We need to talk over hot baked scones and tea!!!!

JJ said...

We need to talk about me seeing misty trees when it isn't misty! I was going to e-mail you about that. It keeps happening.

Off to bathe now. Back later.

Anthropomorphica said...

yes do! Tell me about these trees!!!!!!
Don't forget your ears!

JJ said...

Well, I stand under a tree at twilight and look up into the branches. It's misty, relly misty. So then I look at everything else and it's all crystal clear. Back to the tree again, back to the mist. What am I seeing? Haven't heard anything yet.