Thursday 21 June 2012

Persecuted.

The morning having been wet, I decided to get some accounts work out of the way. I noticed while so doing that the rain had stopped and the sky had brightened, so when I finished I went for a walk. Guess what. Just as I was at the furthest point from my house, it started raining again, and it continued to rain – heavily – all the way home. My supposedly waterproof raincoat isn’t, so I got wet. And because I’d been walking quickly, my socks had run under my feet, so when I took my wellies off, the socks went with them – and this being struggled with on the doorstep because I was trying to avoid making that part of the kitchen floor even dirtier than it already is. So then I towel-dried my hair and changed my clothes, by which time the rain had stopped.

Why does this happen so frequently, because it does, you know. I decline to believe that I have a persecution complex. This is actual persecution, or maybe another of Aine’s jokes. It has to be one or the other. It does.

No comments: