Monday 25 June 2012

T Shirt Trivia.

I’ve been wearing and washing T shirts for a very long time, and I’ve noticed something interesting. Black ones always keep their shape better than white or coloured ones. The fabric keeps its body better too, so they last longer. This has me wondering whether black dye requires a better quality fabric.

That’s my first ever post about T shirts. Two other bits of T shirt trivia:

I was on a course once with a young man who was unemployed. He was constantly bemoaning his lack of money, but admitted one day that he’d just spent £90 on a T shirt. £90?!! I suppose it’s all a matter of priorities.

When I was fifteen I played in the City Schools Orchestra. All the other kids came to rehearsals wearing school uniform; I turned up in ice blue jeans and a black T shirt – just to be different. Seems I didn’t belong any more then than I do now.

No comments: