Wednesday 27 June 2012

Being Stylish for Once.

JJ has been unusually busy for a JJ today. It’s 10.45pm and this is the first chance I’ve had to make a blog post. And now I’ve got the chance, I can’t think of anything to write about. Except the shirt, maybe...

I bought a shirt last week, and took it back today because it had been wrongly labelled and was too small. It was pale pink, and I decided I didn’t want a pale pink shirt after all. Pale pink isn’t really a JJ colour, and JJs are prepared to go only so far in being adventurous – as least as far as pale pink shirts are concerned.

I changed it instead for a plain, off-white, linen one with a button-down collar. It’s the first off-white linen shirt I’ve ever had, and it’s rather stylish by the standards of the normally anything-but-stylish JJ. I plan to wear it next Saturday if I go to the Jazz and Barbecue Evening at the Old Rectory. It might persuade the good village folk that I have the means and sense of style to belong here, irrespective of whether I want to or not. That should fudge the issue nicely.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is an excellent idea! Where it to the jazz evening on saturday!!! Y

JJ said...

But wear should I sit?

Anonymous said...

Whoops, I meant wear it, I'm sure you understood! Y

JJ said...

I did. Just teasing.

Anonymous said...

With the lady bella surely!!

JJ said...

Will she be there, then?

Anonymous said...

I would certainly imagine she would be!

JJ said...

What happened to the 'any more jokes like that' comment? I liked that one! I was going to my Eeyore impression.

JJ said...

*do*