Saturday 30 June 2012

Two Magic Places.

I was thinking tonight while watching the bats fly up and down the lane that of all the special places I’ve known in my life, two stand well above the rest.

One was the backstage area at the theatre where I used to work, late at night after everybody had gone and I was putting the place to bed. The other is the lane at the bottom of my garden at dusk.

One is urban and the other rural, but they’re both imbued with magic. That’s the key to it – that certain, subtle something which defies description, but hangs palpably in the air so you can’t ignore it. It has a curious way of making you feel beyond alive.

2 comments:

Anthropomorphica said...

Lovely!!
Oh Mr B, I had an indescribable moment peering through a clump of trees into a glade the other day, I think the magic or rather my ability to perceive it is getting stronger.

JJ said...

So are you going to send me an e-mail and tell me about it? That's pretty much how I'm feeling lately.