Saturday 9 June 2012

A Bit of Trivia.

Having just spent three hours trimming my neighbour’s hedge (for which I’m promised a reward of home-baked scones – my neighbour bakes well) I’m settled with a cup of tea and looking at the Countries list in my flag counter. According to that, the only letter of the alphabet that doesn’t provide the first letter of a country name is X (they apparently haven’t heard of Kubla Khan and stately pleasure domes, but never mind.)

Three letters are used only once, and they’re all Arab countries:

O (Oman)
Y (Yemen)
Q (Qatar)

And herein lies further evidence of the dire symptoms to which those who’ve fallen prey to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (or whatever it is) have to submit.

3 comments:

Anthropomorphica said...

So, Mr B. those who've fallen prey to chronic fatigue notice letters used once in the names of Arab states? That's rather interesting!
Aren't you just waiting for The Hobbit to come out in December, it's killing me!

JJ said...

You're very mad tonight, aren't you? What has December to do with Hobbits? Presumably, there's something I don't know.

Anthropomorphica said...

Ys JJ, December is the release date for THE HOBBIT, it's torture Lothlorian calls toodleloo...