Monday 1 July 2013

Two News Notes.

A couple of months ago I made mention of the government’s ludicrous changes to Housing Benefit rules. Today it’s being reported that what I said would happen is happening. Well, of course it is, and the National Housing Association people are very concerned about it. Well, of course they are. So should I strut and say ‘I told you so?’ No, of course not, because the effect of the government’s ridiculous policy would have been obvious to anybody with a grain of common sense. And what does that say about the government?

*  *  *

I was reading about the nineteen firemen who’ve lost their lives in the Arizona forest fires, and the countless number of people killed by the floods in India, and it occurred to me that I might complain less about the unusually windy weather we’ve been having for the time of year.

No comments: