Tuesday 16 July 2013

Late Night Difficulties and the Ganesha Tendency.

There’s a problem with this warm weather we’re having at the moment. I get through my aperitif (an ice-cold beer) too quickly. And that means I start on the main course (currently Grant’s) too early. And that isn’t good. I tried ice-cold milk and orange juice…

*  *  *

I have a house fly in my house (I suppose he feels entitled, since it suits his title.) So here’s the scenario: I’m sitting at my desk and notice that the house fly is perched on the other side of the window that separates my office from my kitchen. And then I further notice that the door between the two rooms is open, so I hurry to shut it before the little blighter notices the same thing.  (They like to explore your hands, eyes and ears while you’re trying to concentrate; it’s most irritating.) But I forget that I’m wearing a headset which is plugged into the computer. You can see why I relate to Laurel and Hardy, can’t you?

*  *  *

For those who missed it the first time round, here’s that wonderful YouTube clip featuring the little Buddhist boy and the voice of Lisa Gerard (not Enya.) You’ve no idea how much it sends my pulse racing, seeing those elephants rise out of the water in the first scene. I love elephants.

‘Elephants are great, aren’t they Ted?’

‘Yes, Dougal, elephants are great.’

Seriously, though, elephants really are great.

No comments: