Saturday 6 July 2013

Is Senility Setting In Early?

Over the past week or two I’ve been becoming a bit absent minded. For example, the other day I went into a cupboard to get my overalls, and took the ironing board out instead. That sort of thing. Frequently.

I’ve little doubt that it’s because my mind of late has been getting so side-tracked by Things That Are Bothering Me that I haven’t been concentrating on the task in hand. You never know though, do you?

Beethoven, a fellow Sagittarian, became absent minded. It’s said that he once turned up for a rehearsal without his trousers. Imagine that. If I were twenty years older and wandered abroad sans trousers, people would probably say ‘There there, now, poor old thing,’ and give me some tablets. At my age, however, I’d probably be charged with behaviour likely to cause a breach of the peace and given a custodial sentence.

So, should I ever wander the Shire in such an unencumbered condition, I do hope some kind person will take me in hand, lead me home across fields and under cover of tall hedgerows, and then settle me down with a hot drink. No, better make it a cold drink. With a straw.

No comments: