Friday 12 July 2013

Relative Concepts.

The two farmers who farm the fields uphill of my house must have bailed and taken in their hay today. I smelt it before I saw the denuded fields. Such a pungent but exotic scent. I wonder what that says about me – probably enough for a whole chapter of that book I proposed. ‘You have hobbit tendencies, but get irritated when modern technology fails to function as it should.’ OK, so that’s only a sentence.

And when I got to my favourite gate which gives a splendid view across the valley to the next county, half a hot orange sun was sitting on the high ground a few miles distant. It seemed I’d hardly taken up my customary leaning position before only a tiny arc remained, and so I watched it disappear. Even now, it still surprises me how quickly the sun sinks once it reaches the horizon. And I was reminded again that when you watch a sun set, what you’re actually watching is the world turn.

No comments: