Saturday 6 July 2013

Glamour vs Beauty.

Yes, I know I’m copping out by posting a video again instead of relying on the one modest forte I have. But there is a point to it:

The point is that the following clip demonstrates how dreadfully pallid, artificial and downright cheap the western idea of glamour is. Here is no frivolous hairstyle, no frighteningly regular array of big white teeth, no pouting mouth or puerile expression, no clinging curves, and not an inch of cleavage or come hither leg. Here is only grace, balance, energy, confidence and equanimity of expression. This is the very antithesis of glamour as it’s usually presented, and all the more beautiful for so being.

YouTube has the full version of this scene, which you can find here if you want to watch it. Unfortunately, Blogger can find only the final part of it. Don’t ask me why; one has to be attuned to Googlemind to know such things, and I’m not. Still, it’s enough, I think.

No comments: