Thursday 18 July 2013

A Soppy Spanish Song.

You remember I posted this video a few weeks ago, along with a translation that was a bit less than intelligible? Well, here it is again with a proper translation this time. This one isn’t as funny; what’s funny is the name of the woman who translated it:

Grete Freyfrau von Humbug

So here it is in all its glory, courtesy of Ms Humbug:

‘If the sea would be ink and the sky would be paper, it would not be enough to describe how much I love. I love you more then there are leaves in the air, stars are in the sky and grains of sand in the seas. I love you more then there are grains of sands in the rivers and fish in the seas. If you could enter my heart and see my emotions you would be more satisfied and would love me even more.’

I think that’s perhaps just a bit over the top, but nevertheless:

‘I wish I’d said that, Grete.’

‘You will, Jeffrey, you will.’

But I still like the rhythms, and the girl harmonies, and the angels (well, two of them anyway) and the promenade of autumn leaves, and the boots on the shingle beach. I keep waiting for somebody to shout ‘Halt!’ in the background.

No comments: