Sunday 20 May 2012

Now. 02.33.

Feels like I should be sitting in the cabin of a small boat, somewhere off Martha’s Vineyard, drunk and making jokes about women breaking my heart, while the Great White circles unseen. Or maybe I should be the one singing Ladies of Spain in the gravely old voice of a gravely old sea dog.

Women have broken my heart through the ages, you know. They have. And they continue so to do. A car passes me on the lane, and my heart cracks with the report of a shotgun.

‘Bout time I grew up, I think, some time before I die. Yet again.

For now – no boats, no Great Whites, no jokes, no songs, just drunk. It’s an easy life this time round.

8 comments:

andrea kiss said...

:/

JJ said...

Nope. Don't know that one.

andrea kiss said...

Its not really a sad face, just kind of an aww, sorry face.

JJ said...

I see. So you don't really care. OK.

JK.

(Getting the hang of it, although I must remember that a Brit would probably use OJ - Only Joking.)

andrea kiss said...

If i didn't care i wouldn't have commented at all.

:P This is a face sticking its tongue out.

JJ said...

I know. I'll bet it carries a sting, too.

andrea kiss said...

Nope, not that one. Not this time.

JJ said...

'Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but someday and for the rest of your life.'

(I seem to be always quoting that at the moment. Must be the Deposed Stag mentality taking hold - walking the hills alone until one winter's night, the cold finally carries him off. Ha! Poor old me!)

Anyway, I thought the sting was the Scorpio's most endearing trait. A Peanut without a sting would be like a pencil without a point.

What sort of a mood am I in today?!