Saturday 19 May 2012

A Few Morning Notes.

Dreams

Twice recently I’ve had dreams about women being in situations which caused me concern. On both occasions, simple analysis revealed that the women I was dreaming about were substitutes for somebody else. Does that mean I’m trying to deny something? Interestingly, the scores so far are:

Helen: 1-0
The Priestsess: 0-1
The Lady B: 1-1
(The Woman in America always played herself.)

Are you getting this? This is me baring my soul, this is. Appreciate!

The Raven

... made another appearance this morning. I was looking out of my bedroom window when it came flying towards me. At the last moment it swerved upwards and presumably landed on the roof. On both occasions, it appeared from the south.

Pictures

Ever since I started posting pictures on my blog, there’s been a steady decline in visitors. I find that odd; I thought people liked pictures. Maybe it’s just coincidental.

Wives

My cousin’s husband has started bombarding me with those internet joke pages. The latest one relates to the male view of marriage. The two I like best are:

‘My wife and I were very happy for twenty years. And then we met.’
~Henry Youngman.

‘By all means marry. If you get a good wife, you’ll be happy. If you get a bad one, you’ll become a philosopher.’
~Socrates.

And I do realise that jokes such as these are symptomatic of the ingrained male notions of superior intellect, logic and emotional stability. Discuss.

Better still...

6 comments:

andrea kiss said...

Must be coincidental about the pics.

Wife jokes and husband jokes and mother-in-law jokes... :P And people who constantly email jokes... an even bigger :P

I'm not sure if i've ever seen a raven. I have seen large black birds that were probably ravens. 'round here we just call 'em black birds or crows.

andrea kiss said...

About pics... someone came to my blog by searching google images for ganesh and boobs. So weird.

JJ said...

'People who constantly e-mail jokes...' Yeah.

The raven is the biggest of the crow family - about two feet from beak to tail, much bigger than a blackbird. And it has shaggy plumage and a stout beak which turns down at the end.

JJ said...

Boobs? Why boobs?

andrea kiss said...

Nope, i've never seen a Raven.

I have no idea why someone would search for Ganesh and boobs, but i guess they came to my blog because of my post with my Ganesh statue in which i mentioned Artemis' boobs. When i searched the same thing there was a pic of me so i'm thinking they were hoping to see mine.

JJ said...

I'm so glad they didn't!