Saturday 26 May 2012

In the Loop.

According to both the Feedjit and the Flag Counter, I had my first ever visit from Trinidad and Tobago at around 4am this morning, after I’d gone to bed. And yet I distinctly remember it being in both trackers yesterday.

This is happening to me with increasing frequency these days. I keep seeing things for the ‘first time’ that I know I’ve seen before. It isn’t the usual subtle, fleeting sense that I’ve always called déjà vu, it’s stronger and more persistent than that - more certain. I’m beginning to feel that I’m caught in a time loop, as the characters are in one of JB Priestley’s time plays. Fortunately, I don’t know what’s coming next, which I’m sure is just as well.

Coincidentally, it was Priestley's book Outcries and Asides from which I took the title of this blog.

No comments: