Monday 21 May 2012

Royalty as Religion.

Some woman in the North East of England has opened a ‘Royal Tea Shop,’ and a news report said that she’d ejected three customers for not standing when the National Anthem was played at 3pm on the dot!

I could go on, and on, and on about this, but I won’t. I’ll stick to saying that the woman in question is entitled to believe that royalty is in some way significant, and that the National Anthem has some sort of value. If she’s going to open a public catering facility, however, she might consider accepting that others have different views and being a bit less inclined to get her narrow little knickers in a twist over behaviour that is perfectly reasonable. It’s her right to feel aggrieved, but ejecting paying customers is another matter.

3 comments:

Anthropomorphica said...

I had to laugh! My uncles ex wife was a royalist, pictures of the queen everywhere and would make her children stand for the national anthem. Made her son live his life in a bow tie and short trousers, I'm afraid I couldn't resist and pushed him over in the wet grass when he tried to catch a cricket ball. Mathilda and I have much in common ;)

JJ said...

I don't mind the royals that much. Sometimes they can be quite amusing. It's just that I don't take them seriously. And I'm not big on national anthems, especially that friggin' dirge we've got, with its ludicrous lyrics.

I once refused to do a duty at the theatre when Princess Anne was coming. They said I had to bow if she spoke to me!

Anthropomorphica said...

I know! It's so dreary! A hung over William in the church was certainly amusing. I am just not great with authority figures...