Friday 18 May 2012

Closing an Avenue.

I have a lifestyle change in the offing. The days are lengthening now, so my night walks are getting later and later. Soon they’ll be encroaching on my bathing and drinking time, and we can’t have that, can we? I’ve set next Wednesday as the final one. That’s the day before the Lady B goes off to get me some boots of Spanish leather (the parallels with which are tenuous to say the least, but there are a few in my ever-so-strange mind.)

So there won’t be any more night walk posts after next week, not until I resume the habit – as I intend to do – later in the summer.

Tonight, some little things kept flitting past me as I walked down the lane. It was raining and nearly dark, so I couldn’t tell whether they were very small bats or very big moths. Or maybe they were very average fairies. Who knows?

No comments: