Thursday 17 May 2012

My Rival.


Meet Mr Pain-in-the-Bum cock pheasant, who seems to think he's king of my territory and entitled to eat all the food I put out for the rest of the garden birds. When I remind him that he falls short on both counts, he tends to squawk loudly and aggressively at me, then runs away. I try to encourage the development of a truce between us, but it's an uneasy one and prone to the occasional failure. Fortunately, he doesn't know I'm vegetarian and I don't intend to tell him.

4 comments:

andrea kiss said...

He looks like a kingly, cock-sure thing!

Its nice seeing all your photos and getting more of a visual glimpse into your life.

JJ said...

More to come yet. Bit of history later.

Anthropomorphica said...

Time for "Danny, the Champion Of The World"
Sure they soaked raisins in alcohol and sleeping pills for the pheasants. Keep him quiet at least!

JJ said...

He costs me enough in bird food as it is. Then again, my neighbour complained recently that he was waking her up at five o'clock in the morning, so maybe she'll buy the beer.