Friday 11 May 2012

Looking in Other Directions.

I’ve lived alone now for eight years. I’m not a naturally sociable type, and I don’t need to work for an employer so I don’t have a day job. The result is that I spend at least 99% of my time on my own. By the same token, I err on the side of extroversion so I’m not a complete loner. That means I get lonely sometimes, but the situation has advantages, one of which is that it encourages a different focus on the nature of reality.

When a person is surrounded by family, friends, work colleagues and fellow theatre goers/diners/sports enthusiasts etc, etc, the surface reality is a constant distraction. Living as I do turns the eye inward to the inner self, or outward to the stars and beyond.

And then you go mad.

But only if you have a sense of humour.

No comments: