Friday 5 August 2011

A Recurring Coincidence.

You remember I needed to get a new lawnmower this week? It cost me £49.99.

Last Saturday I had another £10 win on the lottery, and today I received another small royalty cheque from a picture library – for £40. 40+10 = 50.

This has happened to me several times in my life; Helen thinks it’s definitely a Jeffrey phenomenon. When my mother died, for example, I did everything from arranging the funeral to clearing her house and estate. When it was finished I decided I’d earned a holiday, and went to Ireland for ten days. On arriving back I found an envelope on the mat from the Office of National Savings. One of my mother’s Premium Bonds had won a prize, and it was almost exactly what the Ireland trip had cost.

Maybe I have a friend in high places, or maybe it’s all to do with the unwitting manipulation of energies. Helen says I should trust it, but I’m not at all sure about that. It’s been my experience that once you start trusting something (or somebody,) the whole thing fails. I’ll stick with being grateful for whatever comes along.

No comments: