Thursday 4 August 2011

Cold Turkey.

Perpetual state of.

Interesting, disturbing, enlightening, wearisome – but the process asks yet another question:

Is it realistic to suppose that we can understand how another person feels through having a similar – or even apparently identical – experience ourselves? I suspect it isn’t realistic at all. I think it more likely that every one of us experiences everything differently, and so we can never truly claim: ‘I know how you feel. I feel the same way.’

I suppose the answer is unknowable; I suppose we can probably get close.

2 comments:

Anthropomorphica said...

Unknowable and familiar! drives me to distraction XXXX to you Mr B.
P.s Where's MJ?

JJ said...

Did I touch a chord, Mel?!

MJ is still in a coma, but I suspect it was he who crossed the ether and did the bogey poem.