Tuesday 2 August 2011

Being Odd.

OK, so what do you do when you don’t fit in anywhere? Your views offend the Liberals, your views offend the Conservatives. Your views are neither traditional nor modern. They’re not Christian, Pagan, or Buddhist. Even the free thinkers run away because they think you’re bizarre. What do you do?

I suppose you carry on believing in your own truth and accept the fact that you’re on your own.

Helen still likes me; I’m seeing her tomorrow. Which reminds me: I have to be up early. Better go to bed.

And remember that period recently when nearly every bit of equipment was either malfunctioning or packing up altogether? I was mowing the lawn today, and half way through the job the lawnmower motor burned out.

6 comments:

Shayna said...

I sincerely dislike "clubs" and the mindset of people in them ... but ... you're in my club ~!~ sorry 'bout your lawnmower. (my electric toothbrush just broke!)

Della said...

Jeff, I think none of us really fit in with each other though many of us think we do. It's an illusion of sorts and we can only hope to occasionally connect with like-minds. (I say this now but know that night can sometimes darken things).

And Shayna - it's nice to see you here, you're an inspiration. I must get over to your blog again.

JJ said...

Thank you, ladies. Just a late night rant to let off a bit of steam and avoid going off the rails (!!!) So many different starnds of tension at the moment. If only life were as simple as broken lawnmowers and electric toothbrushes.

What's an electric toothbrush?

Shayna said...

Jeff ... so true about 'if life were as simple' as 'broken things' ...

And Della - you're so sweet, thank you!

Jeanne said...

There is nothing wrong with not conforming to the 'politically correct' way of being. I think the world would be a much better place if more people would show their uniqueness. But since that won't happen any time soon, we who are unique shall trudge on to our own tune.
Perhaps your frequency is a bit out of wack - causing things to malfunction....

JJ said...

I think you hit the nail on the head, Jeanne. I think my frequency is definitely a bit out of wack.