Wednesday 3 August 2011

No Regrets, Just Sorry.

There’s so much I want to say to somebody, not least ‘I’m sorry.’

I’m sorry for saying what would have been better left unsaid. I’m sorry for not saying things I maybe should have said. I’m sorry I didn’t say certain things differently. I’m not sorry for being what I am, but I’m sorry I couldn’t have been better.

Experience tells me, however, that the kindest thing you can often do for a person is just keep quiet – let them get on with walking their own road without any unhelpful disturbance from the dead.

I hope things are improving for her, though.

And I go back to what I’ve said often enough: No wishing, no point.

Nor all your piety nor wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a line,
Nor all your tears wash out a word of it.

Correct.

2 comments:

John Going Gently said...

a moving post mate

JJ said...

I sometimes find life a pretty moving business, John. And sometimes it's funny, or inspirational, or ridiculous, or unfair, or boring...

This blog is what I talk to instead of the wall.

Your menagerie sounds like a lot of fun.