Monday 1 August 2011

Making No Sense of Relationships.

In an earlier post I asked the question ‘Is it the person I’m missing, or what she represented?’ It’s been fluttering around inside my head all day because 1st August is significant.

So tonight I broadened the question out and asked ‘What do we become so attached to in a person – who they are or what they represent?’ And do you know, the more I thought about it, the more avenues it opened up. And every avenue kept on leading to further questions. To put it another way, I threw one ball into the air and when it came down there were two. So I threw the two up and they came down four. And so it went in exponential certainty until there were too many balls to juggle and I gave up.

It makes you realise just how complex human relationships are. It’s mind-boggling.

I’m sad now.

Bugger!

No comments: