Monday 22 August 2011

An Inexplicable Noise.

There’s a big field about a quarter of a mile from where I live, and it’s got a lot of sheep in it – a mixture of ewes and nearly full grown lambs. Usually they’re silent apart from the occasional lamb calling its mother.

And so it was this evening, until I was on my way back. The air was suddenly filled with the sound of countless ovine voices of every tone and character, and it was little short of deafening - a veritable cacophany of bah-ing and bleating fit to raise the occupants of the distant churchyard in protest. It went on for about five minutes and then stopped again.

Why?

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Maybe they had a lot to say to you....

JJ said...

I did wonder that, Jeanne. These are strange times; anything is possible.

According to my trusty Feedjit, you're now in Mississippi. I got the impression from you blog that the move wasn't quite so imminent. Hope you're settling in well.

That close up picture of Gomez was pretty neat

Jeanne said...

Mississippi?? Hardly!! I'm still in Arkansas but only until next Monday morning, when I shall head out West, to Colorado. Your Feedjit is a bit off...
Thanx for the compliment on the photo of Gomez. He's quite the camera hog....