Monday 15 August 2011

An Excuse for a Post.

I’m tired of writing serious posts. I’d like to write some funny posts, light hearted posts, surreal posts, lyrical posts – anything but more serious posts. I can’t because I’m too swamped by things I don’t want to be swamped by. I wish this phase would pass.

I nearly wrote a post around Bob Dylan’s lines

For them that think death’s honesty
Won’t fall upon them naturally...

But it kept on turning serious, so I didn’t. Instead I checked out the cheapest flights to Cleveland, Bangkok and Cebu City. I didn’t check New York because every time I thought about it I kept being swamped by things I didn’t want to be swamped by again. (The others were too expensive.)

And so I settled on this excuse for a post. It will have to do.

Tonight I saw three lambs in a wood near the top of the lane. They’d obviously escaped from an adjacent field, and when I approached them they scattered in all directions. I shut the gate to the wood in the hope that it would discourage them from trying to get onto the road. What else could I do?

No comments: