Saturday 8 September 2012

Timidity and Good Sense.

A new Chinese dating site has appeared on my Flag Counter page. It features the beautiful Bella from HuNan, and the luscious Lily Wei from Guangxi. I’m dying to hit the Chat Now button just to see what happens, but I fear my computer would become infected with all manner of pernicious horridness that would seep into my life, leaving me bereft of wit, wisdom and the will to carry on. And the Send a Gift button really doesn’t bear thinking about.

On a related note, today I read the first sensible statement ever to come out of the Cameron government. A newly-promoted junior health minister has expressed support for legal assisted suicide. She said ‘everybody has the right to kill themselves.’ I doubt she’ll last long. Making statements that are both frank and sensible doesn’t usually get a person very far at the top end of politics.

No comments: