Monday 10 September 2012

A Few Bones.

I had several posts lined up today on such topics as:

- Why I never liked Elvis Presley or respected him as a musician

- Why the proliferation of TV channels has led me into a state of extreme TV intolerance

- Why I doubt the proposed explanation for the fact that middle aged men now constitute the group most likely to commit suicide in Britain

- Why I find the American term ‘libertarian’ so confusing, especially in the context of the Tea Party

- Why I question the judgement of those who proposed the term ‘Tea Party’ in the first place

That would have been a lot, wouldn’t it? I couldn’t be bothered, so I thought I’d just scatter the bones and see whether they forecast rain for tomorrow.

Talking of which, there was a heavy, leaden sky this evening and the daylight fell early. It caught me quite unawares when I was walking back from visiting one of Angie’s horses in the field at the top of the lane. And it reminded me of a scene from the story Glenda, which can be read here if anybody’s in the mood for a gentle ghost story which is safe even for persons of a nervous disposition to read immediately before retiring.

No comments: