Sunday 9 September 2012

No-Blog Day.

I haven’t made any posts today because it was one of those days when I found it difficult to take anything seriously and wouldn’t have had much faith in my opinions even if I had. Nevertheless, Mel and I did have a substantial disagreement on a topic that I’ve never mentioned on this blog and don’t intend to.

I’ve also been busy. One of the jobs I did was to give the old grate in my office its first black lead treatment since I moved in here six years ago. That’s how long it’s been looking a bit sorry for itself. It looks a lot smarter now. Unfortunately, a substantial proportion of the black lead ended up on my hands, so it’s a good job there’s no lead in it these days. They use graphite now. I suppose the authorities don’t want us going down with phossy jaw or plumbago, or whatever means lead uses to do us no good.

My neighbour gave me five cheese scones from a batch she’d just baked. I washed my hands before I ate one of them.

No comments: