Thursday 20 September 2012

Dressing the Part.

I’ve been uncommonly busy during the day lately, which is why there have been relatively few blog posts. I did find time to go for a short walk this afternoon, though, and it came on to rain just as I was leaving the house as it usually does. Nil desperandum: I was wearing my new(ish) rain jacket, so I pulled the hood up and carried on.

But then, when I got back home, I saw something disturbing when I caught my reflection in the window glass. The hood on this coat rides quite high off the shoulder, and so the pointed top sticks up some way above the top of my head. And to make matters worse, the two little green loops that you pull to draw the hood tight also ride higher than usual. The result is that it makes me look like a blue elf with little green ears.

Maybe that’s why the sprites have moved into the kitchen. Maybe they feel at home in the company of blue elves with little green ears.

2 comments:

Wendy S. said...

Oh you must get a photo of you, either by having someone innocently taking your picture or taking one in the mirror. You sound absolutely quirky when talking about your new rain coat, in the best sense.

JJ said...

The raincoat is fine, it's the hood that makes me look like I've gone one step beyond hobbit. I love cameras, but my face has become allergic to them...