Monday 17 September 2012

Choo-Choo Town and Other Notes.

I had a visit from Chattanooga, Tennessee tonight. I never knew where it was before. I wonder how many people from there can spell all of it right at the first attempt.

I told my dentist that I’d give him a blog post, but the visit was rather innocuous so there isn’t anything I can say about it. Even the nurse was in a bad mood. What a waste of those piercing eyes, the lithe, athletic form, and that long, lustrous black hair tied up with a band that might or might not have been velvet.

The rain only rained on Mr Renault when he was standing in the car park, so there was no need to use the windscreen wipers. He’s due for a visit to Nigel tomorrow, so I expect I’ll be driving around in the van for a few days.

I have a new beetle appeared in my house. He’s bigger than the usual household beetle, with a big, flat head that has things like horns on the front. He moves very, very slowly, and appears in the most inopportune places, so I have to keep relocating him in order to avoid treading on him. The last I saw of him, he was prodding the window pane with one of his paws, or whatever beetles have on the end of their legs. I wonder whether he’s trying to migrate southwards.

Talking of which, I haven’t seen any swallows or martins for a few days, so I reckon they’re on the way back to Africa now. Soon the bats will go into hibernation, and then the trees will drop their leaves and go to sleep, and then the cold, cleansing time will begin…

No comments: