Tuesday 25 September 2012

The Privilege of Comfort.

Do you know what I really like? When I get back from my late evening walk, it’s nearly dark. And if it’s been a cold, wet and windy walk, I like to stop on my way around the side of the house and look in through my office window. It’s comforting to know that I’m free to go in there where it’s warm, dry and light. Most of my fellow creatures on this curious road we call life don’t have that privilege, do they? And some of them are even human.

2 comments:

andrea kiss said...

I've always liked getting a glimpse through windows when i can see how a house is decorated. Its like looking at aspects of a person or persons' personality/ies. I've looked through my own windows before and tried to see my home the way some one else might see it and wonder what kind of conclusions they'd draw.

Another interesting thing is seeing pics people post on Facebook and you can see their home in the back ground... there are some i've seen posted by people i knew back in school and its almost horrifying to see the state of their homes! Its hard to swallow sometimes and makes me feel bad for their kids... i wonder about them not giving that sort of thing any thought.

JJ said...

I like lots of white. Some people find that boring, but to me it's a matter of making the place look light and spacious.

Whatever happened to that apartment you used to have - the one with the sewing machine - back in the good old days?