Tuesday 18 September 2012

Being Brave.

While I was parked up to visit the dentist today, I was very brave and went into the posh Marks & Spencer’s food hall. I find it really quite intimidating, you know, to mix with all those rich people buying expensive food as though it isn’t an issue. All I wanted was a 6-pack of crisps because I knew I was running short (and they were 11p dearer than they are in Sainsbury’s.)

So, duly laden with my 6-pack of crisps, I pushed my courage beyond its usual limits: I used the self-service till, even though I didn’t have Mel there to take the reins if I got stuck. And I did it, all on my own. Well, apart from having to ask the shop assistant where to put the money, because they don’t exactly make it obvious.

But that was OK; I remembered her from when she used to work in a bank, so it seemed no disgrace to defer to her greater knowledge of such matters. All I have to do now is get over having spent the extra 11p. That could take some time.

No comments: