Thursday 27 September 2012

A Post of Sorts.

Been far too distracted by various sorts of busyness to make blog posts today, or even think of things to write about. A few current random thoughts:

I see Cameron was doing his GW impersonation on Letterman last night. Wouldn’t you think that a man who’s received ‘the finest education money can buy’ in an establishment renowned for its leanings towards the classics would know what Magna Carta means? Further evidence, perhaps, that we should be re-evaluating what is and isn’t fine, and re-defining ‘education.’

The people at the pub have put some strings of little flashing lights around the trees and outbuildings. They look silly.

I re-discovered tonight that the websites of major retail chains are bloody hopeless. Trying to find what you want is a frustrating, time consuming, and often unsuccessful endeavour. All I wanted was flannel or brushed cotton sheets for the winter. An hour and four major retailers later, and… When I tried searching ‘flannel sheets’ with one of them, they gave me pictures of funnels. Another one gave me some basic details, but no prices. The other two gave me no positive returns at all. Hey, ho.

I think I might have offended, or at least irritated, somebody who used to be rather dear to me. That’s one thing I’ve always been good at.

I’m tired and grouchy. Time for tea and toast.

No comments: