Saturday 13 November 2010

Who Clicks the Button?

There’s a video on my Hotmail home page. It shows a man talking to camera, and at the bottom there’s a button that says ‘click to play with sound.’ I have no reason to doubt that this man is trying to sell me something, or at least trying to get me to part with money for one reason or another. So why on earth would I ‘click to play with sound?’ Why would anybody?

So, are the folks at MSN really that naïve, or do people really want somebody to sell them something? Or are they so easily amused, or so lacking amusement, that they’ll watch anything on offer? I’ve also seen still pictures with a button that says ‘click to play ad.’ Same question. Why would anybody want to play an ad? What’s going on?

2 comments:

Maria Sondule said...

Maybe some people click it by accident. They usually try to put those links right next to the "play your selection" links and that sort. Then they can trick you into watching with sound.

JJ said...

Fiendish, aren't they? I really hate the corporate world.