Friday 26 November 2010

Ephrata, PA.

For some reason I’m extra bored tonight. I think it’s because I’m used to being in a silly mood at this time of night, and tonight I’m not. I’m in a flat mood. And my hands are cold. The temperature in the UK has hit way sub-zero, courtesy of a polar air flow, and my office, whilst being the warmest room in the house until I start lighting coal fires in the living room December, is still some way short of a comfortable sitting temperature.

So, what should I post about, seeing as how I haven’t got anything else to do between now and going to bed? There’s only one thing I can think of. Ephrata, PA.

Ephrata crops up a lot in my feedjit thing, and I really like the name (I assume it’s pronounced e-fray-tuh.) I don’t know who the visitor is, of course, since feedjit is notoriously unreliable when it comes to specific locations. When I visit other blogs with a feedjit, for example, I come in as Rickmansworth, which must be about 150 miles from here. My friend Rob explained that this has something to do with it picking up the network hub location (or something like that,) rather than the actual source. So, even though I know where Ephrata is, it doesn’t mean that the visitor comes from there. In fact, he or she probably doesn’t.

Nil desperandum. The name suffices. When visits are infrequent and I’m feeling even more disassociated than usual, I get pleasure from seeing ‘Ephrata, Pennsylvania visited...’ So thank you, whoever you are.

Am I guilty of being ‘nauseating’ again, would you say?

And do you know what’s annoying about playlists? The volume varies so much. I have to keep stretching to turn the speakers up and down nearly every track. But at least I got Golden Brown back. Somebody had taken it down from You Tube. Some small minded record company executive, I expect.

5 comments:

Zoe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
andrea kiss said...

I show up on the thingy as Johnson City, TN, but really i'm in Gate City, VA. When i first started following your blog i was in Fall Branch, TN, which is close to Johnson City.

JJ said...

According to Google maps, though, you're only about 25 miles from Johnson City, so maybe your internet gets routed through there.

Zz... said...

ooh is it unethical to dob someone in? zoe is your ephrata girl i think i recall...i saw this in your comments before it got delted- possibly you didn't notice cos you were passed out with your empty "coffee cup"...LOL

Zz... said...

here you go http://www.blogger.com/profile/05297241748421024324

you should give me a commission for hooking you up with hot chicks, lol...i think i can see her profile still cos it must be stored in my cache