Thursday 18 November 2010

Disconnected.

I had a dream last night in which I went to the theatre where I used to work. I was smoking, and suddenly felt guilty because I remembered that no smoking was allowed. The Theatre Director came up to me and said it was all right because she was smoking too. I went to watch the play that was being staged in a small room with high ceilings, instead of the main auditorium. Workmen were busy closing off entrances and making new ones, so both the actors and the audience had to come in through makeshift holes in the walls. It all felt uncomfortable and unfamiliar; I felt I didn’t belong there any more.

I’m having a lot of uncomfortable dreams lately - not full blown nightmares, just scenarios in which things are not as they should be and I’m feeling out of place and uncertain. I suppose they must reflect something of my current frame of mind.

Maybe the dreams represent my view of an outside world in which I feel increasingly alien. Or maybe it’s all the government’s fault.

I have to be out most of tomorrow. One of the places I’m expecting to go to is the theatre where I used to work.

5 comments:

Maria Sondule said...

Well, have fun. Maybe your dream will turn out to be a premonition...

aceychan said...

sometimes, though, dreams are the opposite of reality. or maybe you're right about it being a reflection of your frame of mind. but there's nothing wrong with being different, ne. ^^

good luck! i hope your day won't be any bit close to bad.

JJ said...

Thanks, both of you. Maybe it's the scotch, but I suddenly feel acutely conscious of how good it makes me feel to have such people reading my blog. Why do you do it? Don't answer that. I'm just going soft and I'm dying for a pee.

aceychan said...

haha. english humor.

JJ said...

The best. We mostly laugh at ourselves. There's something engagingly silly about being English. The pee was good, by the way. I thought of you and your private space. Go on, cover the cameras and claim your kingdom!