Tuesday 16 November 2010

The Thrill of a Royal Engagement.

One of the Queen’s grandchildren has announced his intention to get married, apparently. I think it’s Prince William. Or is it Harry? No, Harry’s the Creole, right? Now I remember.

So anyway, there’s a documentary on prime time TV tonight, all about the said prince’s love affair with somebody called Kate (I think.) This leaves me a-tremble with anxiety.

Suppose I should find myself preoccupied with the more mundane matters of life, like breathing and going to the loo, for example. I might forget that it’s on and miss it. How would I live with the shame and disappointment? Maybe I should get somebody to chain me to my armchair for the next five and a half hours, and refuse all my crazed entreaties to be set free. I have disturbing images of that block of wood on ‘th’old Tower Green.’

2 comments:

Gorilla Bananas said...

The worst thing is that they've probably already had sex. We can't even offer them insolent advice on how to consummate their nuptials.

JJ said...

Do royals do that sort of thing? Great great great great gradmama must be squirming in her grave. Mind you, she must have been pretty good at it.