Wednesday 24 November 2010

Getting Personal.

I want to make a post about a particular person who occasionally reads and comments on this blog. Would that be ill-advised, I wonder? I don’t see why, because I wouldn’t expose her to any embarrassment or discomfort that might accrue from being identified. I might attract pejorative anonymous comments from people who think they have the right of sanction over what I choose to post here, but who cares?

I wouldn’t expect to gain anything from it, of course. That wouldn’t be the point. The reason for doing it would simply be to illustrate how strong an impression somebody can make, even when they only effectively exist in cyberspace.

So I probably will – tomorrow, when my head is clear of John Barleycorn and a delicate part of my anatomy has stopped aching, I hope. My doctor tells me it’s referred pain, probably from my old back injury. He’s a good doctor; I trust him; and the tests were negative!

Right now, Clannad are singing Harry’s Game, and a pre-heated bed beckons. The temperature is well below freezing tonight. I worry about my little robin pal on nights like this, and they say it’s going to get colder. Winter is starting early this year.

6 comments:

andrea kiss said...

Its your blog so i say post what you want.

Zz... said...

i agree as long as you don't breach someone's trust...

it's been a loooong time since i heard Clannad...

JJ said...

I usually do Andrea (or Molly. What IS your name, BTW?) It sometimes gets me shot at, but the bullets are only negative energy wrapped up in words.

I'm not that big a fan of Clannad actually, Zhen. What I like is the 'sound' they created with Harry's game and used in a few other tracks. I might try to find another and replace HG.

andrea kiss said...

My name is Andrea, pronounced like Andrew but Andrea. Or rather, ann-dree-uh rather than On-dree-uh. Or On-dray-uh.

Molly Polk is a character in a story i wrote a long time ago, once upon a time, when i was in college.

andrea kiss said...

Mediaeval Baebes make good music.

JJ said...

Thank you, Andrea. Now I know. The way you pronounce it is the only way it's pronounced in England. I'll see if I can find that music on You Tube.