Tuesday 16 November 2010

Loreena McKennit.

I have mixed feelings about Loreena McKennit. Some of her tracks are among my all-time favourites, but sometimes I get irritated by too much la-la stuff. Nevertheless, Dark Night of the Soul is one of those favourite tracks and that’s half the reason why I decided to add it to my playlist. The other half is that it reminds me of the airy seclusion of the mountain top, and also of a treasured person who sent me a poem recently.

Who knows? She might even read my blog one of these days and like it. That would be a bonus.

2 comments:

KMcCafferty said...

I agree. There is one song by her, I believe it's called "The Old Ways", which has an instrumental introduction that I absolutely adore...but as soon as she starts getting into the singing I start to doze off.

JJ said...

You picked a good one there, McC. I agree about the intro, and there's a story attached. I think I misunderstood a woman's motives when she quoted a line from that song once. Missed opportunity. Never mind. She does have some good lyrics, though. Being the inveterate softie that I am, I have an abiding fondness for Bonny Portmore.