Tuesday 9 November 2010

My First Love.

Tiger Lily, the Mandarin's daughter in the Rupert Bear books I was so fond of as a kid. We used to meet once a year on Christmas morning. 
 
I knew a little beauty once, 
Her name was Tiger Lil'.  
I asked her if she'd marry me;  
She said 'Of course I will.' 
 
But then her dad the Mandarin  
Came striding up one day,  
And took her back to China  
Which is very far away.
 
And so I never saw her more,  
My pretty Chinese lass.  
And all because her father was  
A right pain in the ass.

4 comments:

Maria Sondule said...

Aww, this is cute. Books really do take you places.

JJ said...

There's more now!

lucy said...

Aw, so sweet!

JJ said...

I'm in a sweet mood today. The bear's asleep, for now. Anyway, where the hell have you been?! Gadding, I expect. Getting up to nefarious carryings on!