Sunday 14 November 2010

Story News.

No blog post tonight. Too tired. I think the fresh air I’m getting at the moment must be taking its toll. More autumn clearance work in the garden today

Just to say, though, that the next story will be going up shortly after midnight GMT. There’s a chance I might start waking up about then.

Oh, and also to say that I had another story accepted today by a newish outfit called SQ Magazine. I wouldn’t normally crow about that sort of thing, but this one pleased me because it’s one I thought would never get accepted for publication. It doesn’t fit easily into any genre, and the question ‘Who killed Jamie Green?’ is never resolved. It does have a few bits of nice writing, though, so that’s why I’m pleased somebody’s picked it up.

6 comments:

Anthropomorphica said...

Congratulations Jeff!

JJ said...

It might have been a ghostly gypsy wot did it, Mel, the one he might or might not have created himself. Wooo...

Is your tent all packed?

Anthropomorphica said...

Pardon?... ;) Been quarantined to the sofa bed the past week, stinky germ ridden creature I was! Tents just hanging out and drinking tea :)

JJ said...

Did I use some arcane euphomism, or something? (Thinks: 'The tent is hanging out and drinking tea.') No, don't get it.

Hope you're better, though.

Anthropomorphica said...

Alive and well, thanks Jeff. I just meant the tent is lying idle but the idea of it sipping a cuppa was more entertaining to me.

JJ said...

Oh, right. It was the way you replied 'Pardon?' I wondered whether 'Is your tent all packed?' was maybe a Yorkshire euphemism for 'How many naked men have you lashed to a space hopper and sodomised with a stick of Blackpool rock,' or something. But the tent is merely being anthropomorphic. Good. Your reputation is re-established.