Sunday 28 November 2010

Walking the Merlin Way.

I was talking to Helen yesterday about spiritual paths. She’s going through a process of transformation, you understand. She’s had her hair dyed red and has taken to wearing pink clothes. She used to be a Buddhist.

So anyway, we decided that I’m probably following the Way of the Magician. Not the stage variety, nor even the Harry Potter sort. Oh, no. God forbid. (That was a joke, the second one actually.)

I don’t remember why we decided that. I think it had something to do with me saying that I wanted to be Merlin when I was a kid.

This is what advanced birthdays do for you. I’ll be off to a warm bed as soon as my playlist has finished. Funny old life.

2 comments:

andrea kiss said...

What is the significance of red hair and pink clothes? I've never heard of that before...

JJ said...

Nothing really. It was just my silly joke on her ongoing transformations. Regular matamorphoses are part of Helen's way. Her hair is naturally dark and she used to wear predominantly green and subdued colours. To see her get off the train with red hair and a cerise pink coat was amusuing - in a nice way.