Wednesday 24 November 2010

Being Three-in-One.

It’s odd how my mood varies from one part of the day to another. I did lots of practical jobs today, and all the time I was working, I was thinking out a blog post about the law on defamation of character and how it relates to the Vedic attitude to spiritual growth. Sounds unmissable, doesn’t it? I thought so at the time, but now it seems about as interesting as a chartered accountant with halitosis and an infectious skin condition. So I’m not posting it. Can’t be bothered.

This happens a lot. The morning ‘me’ is spaced out; all I want to do is trudge through a few routine jobs and then chill out in front of the computer with some strong coffee. The afternoon ‘me’ is industrious and serious; that’s when the proper jobs get done and the proper posts made. Once night has fallen and the curtains have been drawn, all I seem to want to do is drift off into fantasy, reflection and entertainment. Can you imagine any woman living with somebody like that? Good job I don’t want one, isn’t it?

As for what I said in the last post, I’ve changed my mind. I have a reason.

Would you like a run down on all the interesting memories that attach to my old sofa, and why, in consequence, I’m very fond of it? They’re mostly to do with women. No? OK. Maybe something completely different later, then.

What am I going to do for the next forty five minutes until the water is hot enough for my bath? I’m currently listening to the lovely Julie Fowlis, who hails from North Uist in the Outer Hebrides. I’ve also added a Sinead Lohan track to my playlist. Fascinating singer. I went to her website once in the hope of finding an e-mail address. I wanted to ask her what the hell her lyrics were all about because, fascinating though they were, I hadn’t a clue what most of them meant. There was no e-mail address listed, but the site did include an interview with her in which she said that she didn’t know what they meant either. They were just streams of consciousness. Oh well, that’s good.

4 comments:

Gorilla Bananas said...

You talk a lot about women for a man who doesn't want one. I'm not complaining, mind.

JJ said...

Oh, I want one all right. I want lots. I miss them. It's just that I don't want one living here.

Zz... said...

too bad i'd so live there what with a garret and all. lol

sheesh you are prolific i have so much reading to catch up on! and commenting! :P all in good time...

JJ said...

I have a spare bedroom, Z, but you'd have to promise to keep me amused with a new story every night, and then stay quiet until noon the following day.

Ha! Bad joke.

You might have trouble coping with the cold in the winter. 'Garret' is just my term for my cold and draughty house.

You don't have to catch up. Most of it is just passing chat anyway.