Friday 19 November 2010

Banned!

I don’t think I’ll ever fully get used to the experience of clicking on somebody’s blog, a blog I’ve been reading and commenting on for months, to find that it’s now ‘Invitation Only’ and I haven’t been invited.

It’s OK; it doesn’t offend me. I don’t shed tears into my scotch or charge around the house kicking the furniture (I don’t have a cat, and I wouldn’t deliberately hurt an animal anyway, whatever my mood.) In short, it isn’t a problem. It’s just intriguing and a little ‘Oh’-ish to be told you’re not welcome.

Hey, ho. Early night tonight. I’m aiming for 2.30. And right now I’m listening to a Chinese woman with a lovely Chinese voice singing a rather nice Chinese song accompanied by a video of the most drop-dead-gorgeous Tiger Lillies you ever saw.

That’s a thought! I do hope I never get banned form a Chinese lady’s blog. The scotch just might turn salty.

Should I survive the trial that tomorrow might prove to be, I’ll tell you a story about how horrible Renaissance Italians could be, and how we English were much nicer!

4 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

Ha!!!! I have a good one for ya. How about one night someone becomes a follower and leaves a very kind comment welcoming you to join his blog. So you do. The next morning you go to blogger and find out this follower has already left your blog. When you go to his blog, you find that you have not only been booted off, but banned from joining. Go figure!!!

Maria Sondule said...

Ugh, the reverse happened to me.
You see, I wasn't originally allowed to have a blog, so my parents made me make it invitation only when they found out. I didn't have time to tell any readers, so it was a bit of a surprise for them.
It's good you're not offended. I probably would be, even though it would be totally irrational.

andrea kiss said...

I didn't know there was such a setting. And yes, i some times dance around by myself. :O)

JJ said...

MX: I've noticed that some people leave comments on lots of blogs in order, apparently, to attract people to their own. I'm a bit surprised, though, that he/she went to the trouble of deleting their Follower status.

Maria: So are you independent of your parents' authority now, or did they relent? If I ever make my blog private, I promise you'll be one of the first to get an invitation.

Andrea: You mean I know something about blogging that others don't? That's amazing. I'm internet illiterate. I was right about the music, then. Good. I can see it.