Thursday 25 November 2010

Teasing.

I just wrote a poem. It’s called JJ. It has six words in it. Are you intrigued?

This is what happens when you’re bored, slightly inebriated, not tired enough for bed yet, and wondering who won the toss in Brisbane.

Ashes to ashes
Dust to dust
If the beer doesn’t get you
The barley juice must

That isn’t the poem.

There’s a Chinese song coming through my speakers at the moment. I think it’s about fishermen. Either that, or fishermen used to sing it. How would I know? I don’t speak Chinese. Coincidence though, eh?

I think I just went off the rails.

And now I’m being sung to in Gaelic. I asked an actress once whether she had any Irish blood in her. She said:

‘Nah. Plenty of Irish sperm, though. My last boyfriend was Irish.’

Her name was Sarah, believe it or not. More coincidences.

Mercury is definitely retrograde, and I’m going for a pee.

Ta ta.

No comments: