Thursday 25 November 2010

Sheer Nonsense.

Ephrata, Pennsylvania
And Sydney, New South Wales
Are all a man could ever need
To push him off the rails.

Sung to the tune of Benson, Arizona. You have to love the image of the redneck riding the asteroid belt to oblivion, don’t you?

This is the second damn silly post in succession. I put it all down to anxiety, one cause of which is the fact that I have a birthday coming up in a few days. That has to be bad news.

Am I losing you here?

Right. Better go to bed then.

6 comments:

Maria Sondule said...

Glad to help with your insanity. :)

Della said...

Is it bad luck to wish you happy birthday in advance? In case I'm away.. oh, and try not to go off the rails :)

JJ said...

Maria: Now you have me confused (nothing unusual these days.) I thought you were Pittsburgh. The only reason I used Ephrata was because it fitted the 'feel' of the song 'Benson, Arizona,' which is from the film Dark Star, BTW. It's played over the shot of the astronaut riding the asteroid belt to his death. It's a black comedy, and very funny in parts.

Della: Probably. I'm a bit superstitious, but I'll cope. Thank you. So now you know I'm a Sagittarian, it might explain why I have such difficulty staying ON the rails. Loved that wine-soaked comment, by the way - still raises a smile.

Della said...

Wine soaked?? My goodness, it wasn't that bad :)) I'm not too knowledgeable on astrology signs, only know that I'm a cancer and it does usually fit, but that's how these things are written. Sagittarius is stubborn or something, no?

JJ said...

No, that's Taurus. Saggies are adventurous, deep thinkers who have a tendency to irritate people and go off the rails. Oddly, I seem to have an affinity with Cancerian women. I don't know of any astrological explanation for that one.

Della said...

:-)