Friday 12 November 2010

Connections.

I wrote this to somebody in an e-mail today, and I’ve decided it’s worth posting. It concerned the fact of having connections with certain special people.

‘If they’re there, they’re there. You can ignore them if you want, but they don’t go away. If you ignore a connection, the connection haunts you until you acknowledge it.’

I was first given that lesson in March, 1999. I was given it again today. Two people, one lesson. Why am I such a slow learner? But at least a ghost has been laid.

The wind is roaring now.

8 comments:

Zz... said...

ooh how interesting...this post "spoke" to me especially considering i just sent you an email, hahaha LOL

JJ said...

Hello Zhen. Going to bed. Night. (Women are definitely weird! All three billion of them.) Is Mercury in retrograde yet? It had bloody well better be. Maybe I shouldn't send this. Here goes...

Gorilla Bananas said...

Email spam must be the exception that proves the rule. Do you get much?

JJ said...

You're not being cynical, are you GB? Perish the thought! Zz is actually a friend whose e-mails are more than welcome.

Wendy said...

That is so true, it reminds me of the ghost of "Mr. Marley (was that his name, from "Ebenezer Scrooge"?) who dragged around his chains that he had to wear for penance for actions he committed and regretted. Thank you for this Jeff, I too am haunted.

JJ said...

Do you mean you’re being haunted by an unacknowledged connection, Wendy?

Wendy said...

No, no, my hauntings are more that I have expectations of myself and get very upset with myself when I feel I disappoint others. Even though most of my friends are really understanding of me and I do try my best. I still hear the chains rattling.

JJ said...

But who has a right to be 'disappointed' Wendy, unless you've made a point of misleading them? In all other circumstances, you are what you are, surely. People can take you or leave you. That's all they have a right to do. Having said which, I do realise that psychology is a bit more complicated than that because it has to take account of weaknesses. But that's all they are, isn't it? Weaknesses - ghosts of your own creation?