Saturday 20 November 2010

Crappy Colour.

Since I imagine that most people will view my last two posts as evidence of a diseased mind, I thought I’d make the next one more rational.

I accessed my blog from a library computer while I was out today, and got a shock. The background I set is a very dark blue – almost black – and that’s how it appears on my monitor. On the library computer, however, it was a sickly green, somewhere between pea and sage. Rob tells me it appears green on his monitor, too.

I’ve long known that colour varies a bit from one monitor to another, but I didn’t realise it can vary so much as to change both the colour and the tone completely. If anybody else is getting a sickly green background, do please make the effort to imagine it dark blue, almost black. I think I might go for black, white or greyscale in future. Can’t trust anything, can you?

4 comments:

Della said...

I see the sickly green background (turquoise almost, which isn't you) – it may have been dark blue once, but I don't remember. It's strange and you should look into your settings and perhaps send an e-mail to google. All the best.

JJ said...

I can't find a Google Help facility, Della. What they have is a forum on which 'experts' offer their opinions. I'll try that for starters.

Maria Sondule said...

I see the dark blue one, never fear. :) But please don't make it black, because really bright or intense backgrounds always make blogs hard to read.

JJ said...

Thanks for that, Maria. It's weird that it should appear so differently on different monitors. It doesn't appear to be the browser that's causing it because the library computer uses IE, but Rob uses Firefox, like me. Must see whether any of the Blogger forum people know the answer.